Friday, December 10, 2010

Untitled Part 1

Now that the House is finished it is time to start another serialized work. So I will serialize a currently untitled play script that I am working on. If you have title suggestions please suggest them.
Untitled

ACT ONE
Scene One

Curtain
A young woman of about 19 who is wearing a skirt and sensible top is walking through a street of storefronts looking very lost. She is followed by two men, both of who are clearly intoxicated, who are jeering at her.
Drunken Man #1: Come on then girly! We aren't so bad! Just give us a chance!
Drunken Man #2: Yeah, we're not that bad!
Mary: Leave me alone! Just leave me alone!
Drunken Man #1: Just give us a smile!
Drunken Man #2: Yeah, just a smile.
Malcolm and Daniel enter.
Mary: Leave me alone!
The men have caught up to Mary and one stands in front of her and the other stands behind her, blocking her whenever she tries to move. Malcolm and Daniel exchange glances and walk up to the men.
Malcolm(in a fake British accent): Evening gents.
Daniel: What seems to be the issue here?
Drunken Man #1: Walk away, man, it's nothing to do with you.
Drunken Man #2: Yeah! Walk Away!
Malcolm: You know, I think it might have something to do with us.
Drunken Man #1: How? She yours?
Daniel: Excuse me?
Malcolm: Dude seriously? Is she ours?
Drunken Man #1: Well is She? Cause she is a fine looking thing and if she isn't yours I just might...
Daniel slaps Drunken Man #1 across the face cutting him off. He staggers back and Drunken Man #2 walks forward.
Drunken Man #2: Hey....
Malcolm: Let me give you a piece of friendly advice: both of us have had a really really bad day so I would not push us.
Daniel: Why Don't Both of you just walk away.
Drunken Man #1: If you broke my nose, I'll call the cops on you!
Malcolm: If you can remember in the morning.
Daniel laughs,
Drunken Man #1: I'll call them right now!
He takes out a cell phone and Daniel grabs it. He tosses it to the ground and smashes it with his shoe.
Drunken Man #1: How dare you?!
He starts toward Daniel and Malcolm steps in front of the man.
Malcolm: Walk away fellas
Both drunken men look at Malcolm and decide that it is better to just leave. They try to walk off with dignity but end up staggering off.
Malcolm: And remember: Don't drive drunk!
Daniel laughs again and looks at Mary who is looking very scared
Daniel: Are you all right? Did they hurt you? Because if they did I'll call the cops on them. Just give me an excuse.
Mary: No I'm fine, just scared.
Malcolm: Don't take this the wrong way, but you don't look like you belong here.
Mary: I don't. I was in town with my family and I got separated.
Daniel: Do you have a cell? Because I could lend you one if you don't.
Mary: None of my family have cell phones.
Malcolm: Really? I didn't know that was possible in today's society.
Daniel: Do you know where they are staying?
Mary: They were going to head back tonight, I don't know what to do.
Daniel: They wouldn't have waited for you?
Mary: They would have assumed I was in one of the other buses.
Malcolm: Your family has to travel in multiple buses? That must be one big family.
Mary: It is.
Daniel: Malcolm do you think Annie would put her up tonight?
Malcolm: Probably.
Mary: I don't want any charity.
Malcolm: No it's cool my sister would probably like the company.
Daniel: Do you want to call her while I go pull the car around?
Malcolm: Yeah. What did you say your name was?
Mary: I'm Mary Phelps.
Malcolm: Nice to meet you, I'm Malcolm Jacobs.
Daniel: And I'm Daniel Nelson.
Mary: Thank you both very much for all you're doing.
Daniel: Least we could do.
Malcolm(on his phone): Annie, hey its me. Ok so you will never guess what happened to me and Daniel as we were walking back home.....
Black out

No comments:

Post a Comment