Friday, December 10, 2010

The House Part 35

Part Eight
Virtual Reality Gaming

Chapter One in which The Master Computer explains why it has brought them all there
“This is a game that I have been looking forward to playing for a long time.” The Master Computer said gleefully rubbing his hands together, “I have been working on this for years. Here is the basic premises, and please be kind about it because I have been working on this for a long time, by the way Allison that is Prof. Lucious' dedication and Cameron's love of fun seeping through.” Allison laughed while the others looked confused and The Master Computer smiled a winning smile and continued to speak.
“This program is a RPG, Role Playing Game to those who are not in the know, and you are will play characters. The background of this game is that you are members of an elite group of government agents who's job is to investigate threats to international security. You have been given the job of arresting the man who seized power of a small eastern European country, I believe I named it Zazara. You can topple it in a number of ways, basically you can do anything as long as you don't get killed. I will be playing the dictator that you have to arrest. Any questions?”
“I have one.” Brien said raising his hand, “If we get killed in the program do we die in real life?”
“Actually,” The Master Computer said looking a little surprised, “I don't know.”
“How can you not know?” Allison asked, looking a little nervous.
“Well,” The Master Computer said, “You see I have never been killed in the game. So I don't know what happens. But I don't see why you would die in real life. What I would think would happen is that the game ends for you and your consciousnesses is transferred back into your body, same as what would happen if you were not killed and just won the game, but honestly, I don't really know. Sorry, do you guys have any other questions?”
“Can we kill you?” Margret asked, “In the game I mean, instead of arresting you?”
“Yes.” The Master Computer said nodding , “You can kill my character but I must warn you that I have some pretty elite and ruthless body guards and they will try to take you guys out if you attack me. Are you guys ready to begin now?”
“Yes.” Brien said, looking around at his companion, “I believe we are.”
“Very good.” The Master Computer said and snapped his fingers. The Elite Silver Wolf disappeared.
“And now,” The Master Computer said rubbing his hands together, “and now.” He smiled to himself, turned on his heel, and strode out of the watch tower while humming a little tune to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment