Friday, December 10, 2010

The House Part 33

Chapter Three in which the attack begins
“On the Count of three.” Brien said holding up his hand. The others nodded and held their weapons tightly. The Door to the Floor -20 stood in front of them. It was a thick door that was locked shut. The Elite Silver Wolf Squad, as Marc, Matthew, and Brien had decided to call the group much to the annoyance of the female members of the Squad, had taken the elevator from the Top Floor of the House down to Floor -one. From there they proceeded to Floor -19 where the Door to Floor-20 was. Floor -20 was the first of what Brien had termed 'the Computer Floors'. Nobody was totally sure how to get through the door. The male members of the Squad tried to kick it down and the female members tried to pick the lock. Neither method succeed. Finally Brien suggest just trying to shoot the part of the door near to the lock. Nobody could think of a better idea so here they were.
“One.” Brien said putting down one finger.
“Two.” He put down another. Marc, Ava, and Allison raised their assault rifles and Matthew, Lara and Margret drew their pistols and pointed them at the door. Brien took a deep breath and drew his pistol.
“Three.” He said quietly and everybody opened fire. The door was strong and thick and old but it was no match for five angry people with high powered firearms. Marc and Allison emptied a round into the door in about 30 seconds and both dropped to one knee to reload. Matthew and Margret emptied their guns into the door as well but still the thing stood there just as big and menacing as before. Brien grimaced and fired four times. The first bullet smashed into the door about a foot above the lock leaving a huge crater. The second hit the door three inches to the left of the lock leaving another huge crater. The third hit the door about an inch and a half to the right of the lock. This bullet did not stop at the door and went straight through it, leaving a large hold behind. The fourth bullet hit the lock dead on and it exploded. Shards of metal through everywhere. Everyone cheered and applauded.
“Thank you, thank you.” Brien said smiling, waving away the praise, “I want to thank all the little people.” Everyone laughed and Brien kicked the door open. He holstered his gun and began to run. The other members of The Elite Silver Wolf Squad followed him. They did not get far before a booming voice stopped them.
“Hello.” The Voice said, “Welcome to my humble abode.”
“Where are you?” Matthew asked, looking around warily.
“Who are you?” Allison said, also looking around.
“I Am the Great And Powerful Oz!” The Voice boomed, “And I Need you To Kill the Wicked Witch of The West and Bring Me Her Broomstick!”
“What?” Margret asked, a little perplexed. A strange noise came next and it took the Elite Silver Wolf Squad a little while to realize it was laughter. The Voice was laughing.
“Pardon my little jokes.” The voice said after it stopped laughing, “I can't help my sense of humor, I inherited it, it aint nothin' but a family thing.”
“Are you the Master Computer?” Matthew asked pointing his gun at the ceiling.
“No,” The Voice said, “I am Peter Parker, nerdy, unreliable, newspaper photographer and science student by day but by night I swing through New York City as The Amazing Spiderman!!” Again the Voice laughed.
“Of course I am the Master Computer.” The voice said after it was done laughing at its own joke, “And you are Marc, Matthew, Margret, Lara, Ava, Brien, and Allison or should I say the Elite Silver Wolf Squad, groovy name by the way, I totally dig it.” Everyone looked at each other out of the corners of their eyes. How did it know all of this? They had decided on the name less that an hour ago, was it listening into them the whole time?
“Oh this is so much fun.”The Master Computer said, sighing, “A bunch of old friends getting together and just shooting the breeze but I am a very busy machine, I do have to plan world domination after all and you wouldn't believe how much work it is! You have to take it country by country and decide whether you should try and get them to side with you or attack them or just leave them be until later, it is all very time consuming.”
“So without further ado,” The Master Computer continued, “Let us get to the matter at hand. You all want to take me out and I really quite like being in. So as you can imagine that creates a bit of conflict, but that is not the end of the world. We can overcome it, we are all reasonable people, well technically I am not a person but I have just as much intelligence and personality as one so I think that I should count as one.” Matthew looked at Margret with his eyebrows raised. This was very odd. Margret shrugged. Matthew looked over at Marc and saw that he was laughing. Brien was standing next to him also laughing. Matthew shook his head perplexed and annoyed, they needed to take this more seriously.
“So here is how I decided to settle this.” The Master Computer said, “We are going to have a competition, a war game if you will. We will divide into teams. Your team against mine or rather me. And whichever team wins the war game will win the real thing. If I win you will all go away and never try to take me out again. But if you win I will open up the doors.” Matthew shook his head. No way was he going to let some crazed machine mess around with him. Anyway how could he be sure that the Master Computer would follow through.
“I know the number one thought on Matthew's mind right now,” The Master Computer said, “And I am not going to talk about it on principle, really Matt you have a major problem. My God you are far too young to be thinking such violent thoughts! You are only 16 for God's Sake! To want to cut someone's throat with a razor while shaving them and then eat their liver with fava beans and bake the rest of the body into a meat pie all the while singing cool show tunes is just plain sick. I really think that you should check back into the mental ward, cannibalism is a nasty nasty thing.” The Master Computer laughed while everyone stared at Matthew. Matthew growled and began to speak but the Master Computer cut him off.
“Now,” The Master Computer continued “I will address the number two thought on your mind right now. How can you be sure that I will follow through? It is a perfectly reasonable question. Here is my answer: Because I Freakin' Say I Will! Also because if you don't play along I will gas you all. So shall we begin?”
“Oh we shall.” Matthew sneered and opened fire. He had seen a speaker on the wall that the Master Computer's voice was coming out of. He emptied his pistol, tossed it to the ground, and began to fire with his rifle.
“Nooooo!” The Master Computer screamed, “Please Stop! Please please please! You're killing me! You're killing me!”
“Die you evil manipulative artificial machine!” Matthew screamed in triumph reloading his assault rifle and continuing to shoot.
“NOOOOOOOO!” The Master Computer screamed and then fell silent. Matthew dropped his gun and looked around.
“My God,” He said, running his hands through his hair, “I did it, I killed the Master Computer.”
“Technically you can't kill a computer.” The Master Computer said.. Everyone jumped and looked around. The Master Computer roared with laughter.
“Lord,” It said, “You should have seen the expression on your faces. Sweet God it was classic!” It laughed some more and then it spoke again.
“Anyway,” The Master Computer said gleefully, “Let the games begin!” With that every single member of the Elite Silver Wolf Squad fell to the ground unconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment