Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The House Part 16

Part Four: The Pendulum Swings The Other Way
Prologue
Letter from Josh August to to Matthew January on February 1st during the Battle of Floor 58
Feb. One
Dear Matt,
We lost forty five more today, and there wasn't even a battle. They keep pushing us back and I don't know what I'm supposed to do! There are simply too many of them, and we can't afford to lose any troops, now that our recruitment has dried up.
When John told me to direct the troops from the front lines I thought that things would be better, I mean I would be right there able to tweak strategy the moment it needs to be tweaked. But, no strategy can solve these problems. We don't have enough guns, we don't have enough men. Soon we're going to lose Floor 58 and when that goes we will lose Floors 57 through 53 as well.
We simply do not have enough men. I've ordered the reserves to start building fortifications on Floor 52 but I don't want to use them. It will stop Foremen's army from advancing but it will also allow them to get reinforcements. And they have more reinforcements then we do. But I have ordered bombs to be placed in various key spots of floor 53, so if we lose that floor I can order the bombs to be detonated which will slow them down. Or I could let the army get through the floor, detonate the bombs, and then use the fortifications to take out the army while the reinforcements can't get through.
It's bad Matt, It's really bad.
Take care,
Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment