Monday, December 6, 2010

The House Part 12

Part Three
The War Sets In
Prologue
January 1st
Transcript of the first meeting of the Reformed House High Council
Margret November(Clerk): This meeting of the Reformed House High Council is now called to order. Mr. Secretary?
Marc July(Secretary): Ready, Madam Clerk.
Margret November: Everyone please stand and raise your right hand and repeat after the secretary.
Marc July: I do solemnly swear to, to the best of my ability, uphold the laws and regulations of the House and to seek to change and reform those laws that are ruled to be in need of repair.”
All: I solemnly swear to, to the best of my ability, uphold the laws and regulations of the House and to seek to change and reform those laws that are ruled to be in need of repair.
Margret November: Everyone please be seated
John June(President of the House and the Reformed High Council): Madam Clerk I would like to propose a motion to dispose of this unneeded formality.
Matthew January(Prime Minister of the House): I second that motion.
Thomas March(Vice President of the House): I, um, third that motion.
All: Laughter.
Margret November: The motion is approved.
John June: Ok so, first, I want to welcome everybody to this first meeting of the Reformed High Council and I also want to personally commend Josh August and his troops on taking Floor 64.
All applause
Josh August(Head of House Security): Thank you, Mr President. I would just like to say that we lost thirty two soldiers in the attack. Fourteen of them were under 16 and fifteen were over 20.
John June: Speaking of which, how is our recruitment of the Over 20s going?
Thomas March: It could be going better.
John June: How so?
Thomas March: Well, they don't like that every member of the council is an Under 20. They believe that they should be leading the House.
Margret November: So, what are you telling them?
Thomas March: Basically that the reason there are so few over 20s in power is because so few over 20s actually join.
Matthew January: Nice
Thomas March: Thank you, but there are certain leaders in the Over 20 community who keep speaking out against the war. Currently they are remaining peaceful but I'm a little worried about it.
John June: What do you suggest we do?
Thomas March: Currently I'd just say keep an eye on them, but I really am worried about it.
John June: Josh, could you get on that?
Josh August: Yeah, I'll assign some people.
John June: Awesome.
Matthew January: Tom, what about the Under 20s? How is the recruitment of them?
Thomas March: Much better than the Over 20s. We have about three fourths of them enlisted and we are currently working on getting the last fourth enlisted. They seem to, in contrast to the Over 20s, like that the Under 20s are leading the House now.
John June: Naturally.
Thomas March: Yeah.
John June: Ok. Thank you very much Tom. Matt, how are we on getting the factories back up and running?
Matthew January: Very well, we have about 85 percent of them back. We've been working with Tom's office to try and reach out to the Over 20s, so most of the people in charge of organizing the, for lack of a better word, work shifts are Over 20.
John June: Good, good. Now, Josh what is the plan, militarily, for the next few weeks?
Josh August: We hope to get up to Floor 70 this week. After that there are only 12 more floors so we hope that we are drawing to the close of the war.
John June: Don't we all. Ok, does anyone have anything else?
Ava January(Chief Legal Consul): My office is hard at work writing of a new House charter. We're about a third of the way done and I personally think that it is going very well.
John June: Good, good. Will you be able have a copy of what you have so far on my desk by the end of the day?
Ava January: I think so, I'll leave myself a note.
John June: Thank you.
Ava January: You are very welcome.
John June: If that is all..and I believe it is, I would ask that Margret, will you please end this meeting.
Margret November: Certainly, I hereby end the first meeting of the Reformed High Council.
End of Transcript

No comments:

Post a Comment