Friday, December 10, 2010

The House Part 30

Chapter Four in which two old friends and one old enemy have a phone conversation.
“Hello, who is this? Is something wrong?! Have the rebels taken over anything important or killed anyone important?!”
“Allison, chill out, it's me.”
“And who the heck is 'me'?”
“Margret.”
“Margret what?”
“Margret what?! Margret Fitzgerald. Lord Allison, you know who I am.”
“Oh My God. Margret, why in the name of all that is holy in this universe or any other are you calling me?! You could get us both arrested for treasonous contact with the enemy! Unless....Oh My God....are you calling to surrender? Is this the end of the war? Oh My God!”
“Allison for God's sake! Calm the Heck Down! I am not surrendering, the war is not over, and this is not treason. I merely have a proposal for you.”
“I am not going to spy for you, so before you go any further....”
“I don't want you to spy for me!”
“Do you want to spy for me?”
“No!”
“Then what is this about?”
“I need to ask you a question before I answer that.”
“I will not reveal classified information.”
“I don't want you to! Lord, Allison!”
“Ok fine, ask me your question.”
“How close are you and Brien?”
“That is a peculiar question.”
“Just answer it, please.”
“Well, we're not having an affair if that's what you're asking.”
“It totally, totally wasn't.”
“Ok, then, um, basically we have a good working relationship. I let him make all the important decisions and he lets me make the announcements however I want. Now what is this all about?”
“I have a quick follow up question first.”
“Ok fine, what is it?”
“If you went to Brien with an idea what he take it seriously?”
“I don't know, maybe, I don't really know anymore, why do you want to know? What idea do you want me to bring to him? Seriously Margret, what the heck is going on?”
“Ok, Allison, you know about the Master Computer and everything, right?”
“Yeah Ben filled me in after I became Clerk. Why?”
“Well, I've been thinking about it and I think that there is only one way that this war will ever totally end.”
“It won't end when one side surrenders?”
“No.”
“And why the heck not?”
“Because....ummmmm hold on I'm trying to think of a way to explain it.....ok let's say that your side surrenders...”
“Let's not.”
“Ok, fine, whatever, let's say that my side surrenders...”
“Which is how it's going to be.”
“Allison! Will you please be quiet and let me talk?! Lord!”
“No need to get all bent out of shape.”
“Allison!”
“Ok, ok, I'll shut the heck up.”
“Thank you. No where was I?”
“Your side was surrendering.”
“Allison!”
“I was trying to help!”
“Shut up!”
“Ok, fine....don't know why you ask a question if you don't want an answer....”
“Anyway...as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted...say my side surrenders..”
“Woo hoo, victory, yes! We are the champions, we are the champions of the world...”
“Lord Allison! I am like this close to hanging up the phone.”
“Sorry couldn't resist.”
“Well start trying to resit!!”
“Ok, ok, don't need to bite my head off.”
“Allison seriously I need you to shut up.”
“Fine.”
“Ok so if my side loses then the leaders might lay down their arms but there will always be people below the surface who are still fighting same thing if your side loses. The only way for there to be true peace if to open the doors to the outside and let those who want to to leave the House. And the only way to open the doors is to take out the Master Computer. And I was hoping that you and Brien would help us to take it out. Us being me, Matt, Lara January, Marc July, and Ava, um, Lord! I can't remember her last name! Sorry. But yeah it would be a small group that could go under the radar.”
“May I talk now?”
“Yeah, totally, what do you think?”
“Well I'm all for it, and I called Brien into my room to listen in while you were talking a while back and he thinks that it's a great.”
“Genius darling, pure genius! Seriously though it is a good idea as long as we get to control the House and you guys leave for outside.”
“Sure, that's fine, we just want to end the bloodshed.”
“I have a couple question for you though Margret.”
“Ok sure, totally, what is it, Brien?”
“Well from what I know about the Master Computer, and I know a good chunk, probably more than anyone else living in the House, it has access to everything electronic in the House, is that right?”
“That's right, it controls all electronic systems.”
“And it's really smart and cunning, correct?”
“Yes, it has all of Prof. Lucious' genius.”
“So if there was a civil war going on in the House the Master Computer might want to keep an eye on the leaders of the various factions by using any means that it could, would you agree?”
“I'm sure that it is keeping a pretty close eye on us, yeah.”
“And what, in your opinion, counts as a quote electronic systems unquote?”
“Well, um, let's see....well the lights obviously, the food machines, the computers, um......”
“The phones, maybe?”
“Yeah, the phones are definitely controlled by the Master Computer. It probably records all telephone conversations made by anyone inside the House and then stores them in its memory banks forever.”
“So would you say that, since the Master Computer is certainly keeping tabs on both of us and has the ability to listen into phone conversations, discussing the fact that we are going to try to take it down is probably not the greatest idea in the world?”
“Oh My God.”
“Yeah I didn't think it was a brilliant idea either.”
“Look ok, um, I need to tell you some things about where we shall meet and I don't know how without the Master Computer hearing!”
“Ok how is this: I'll call all of all attacks my end and you do the same on your end then you and whoever you choose to bring with you will go to the top floor for Peace Talks. Then we can handle everything in person from there.”
“Ok we'll be there tomorrow.”
“fantastic. I'll see you then.”
“Bye Margret.”
“Bye Allison.”












End of Part Six

No comments:

Post a Comment