Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the house part 8

Chapter three in which the stone begins to roll down the hill
December 15th
“Margret, Margret!!” Janet December said, bursting into Margret's room holding a piece of paper.
“Hello Janet.” Margret said, greeting her roommate, “Where have you been all morning? The others were worried but I told them that it was fine and they went to breakfast in the dining hall. Happy Birthday by the way.”
“I went for a walk.” Janet said, hurriedly, “And I need to talk to you!”
“Ok.” Margret said, setting down her cup of coffee, “What is it?”
“I'm a 16!” Janet said, “And you know what that means!”
“Um,” Margret said, “Actually no I don't. What does it mean?”
“It means that it's time for the revolution to begin!!” Janet said, “Oh my God, we're not ready, what are we going to do!!”
Margret sighed, it was seven in the morning and it had looked like it was going to be a good day and then Janet came in. Margret liked Janet, she did, but...Janet could be kind of hyper. She got very worked up over the smallest things. So Margret sighed again and spoke.
“I don't think that that is true, Janet.” Margret said, “Why don't you sit down, take a deep breath, and tell me why you think that?”
Janet sat down, took a couple of deep inhales, and began to speak slowly while Margret listened.
“We agreed at the beginning of the October Conspiracy that the Revolution wouldn't begin until one of us was chosen as a 16. And now I have been chosen so that means we have to start the revolution today! What are we going to do!”
“Surely,” Margret said reasonably, “Now that there are 16s in the October Conspiracy that doesn't stand anymore, the Revolution doesn't have to begin today.”
“Yes it does.” Matthew said as he entered the room.
“Matt,” Margret said turning around, “I thought we agreed that neither you nor John would come here!”
“Everything has changed now.” Matthew said sighing. Margret was shocked to noticed that he was wearing a leather jacket and a gun belt. “John decided that we are as ready as we're ever going to be so...”
“My god,” Margret said, running a hand through her hair, “Revolution.”
“Yep.” Matthew said, “Janet go to my room. John will have instructions for you there. He'll also tell you how to get the equipment and weapons that you'll need.”
“Ok.” Janet said, standing up, “I'm ready.”
“Good.” Matthew said and Janet walked to the doorway, turned around saluted Margret and Matthew and then walked out, shutting the door behind her. Matthew chuckled a little and turned back to face Margret.
“You know what this means, don't you?” He asked seriously.
“Yes I do.” Margret said, “And like Janet, I'm ready.”
She strode over to the couch, bent down, and pulled out the pistol that was hidden there. She loaded it with the ammunition that was also hidden under the couch and cocked the gun.
“Good.” Matthew said, smiling a little, “because I don't know if I am.

End of Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment