Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the house part 5

Part Two: Things Begin to Become Unpleasant
Prologue
Transcript of High Council meeting the night of Philip October's death
Olivia July: This meeting of the High council will now come to order. Mister Secretary are you prepared to take down the following proceedings?
Daniel January: I am, Madam Clerk
Emily February: As president of this council I would like to formally welcome Mr. Daniel January into this council and congratulate him on his election to the position of Secretary
Brien May: As the Chief Foreman and the Prime Minister of the House, I would like to second President February's statements and also congratulate Mr. January on being the first Foreman to serve as secretary since the founding of the House.
Daniel January: Thank you, Madam President and Mister Vice President, it is an honor to serve among these great public servants. I have prepared a short speech that I would like to read into the record.
Nyssa March: Madame President, I would like to move that the Secretary insert his speech into the record of the next meeting, which is the scheduled meeting so as to save time during this emergency meeting.
Brien May: I agree with the Chief Legal Consul.
Emily February: Mr. Secretary please do as the Chief Legal Consul instructs.
Daniel January: Very well Madam President.
Olivia July: I called this meeting at the request of the Prime Minister and the Vice President to address the events that took place earlier today.
Nyssa March: Where is the Vice President? I heard that he was involved in the situation.
Emily February: I would also like to know why the Vice President is absent. In fact, as the Vice President is missing and we may have to make some important rulings today that would fundamentally change our society, I move that the Vice President be replaced. I would like to nominate Alexander August to fill that post.
Brien May: Another teacher. Funny.
Emily February: Excuse me?
Brien May: You are excused.
Nyssa March: Mr. Prime Minister what did you mean by that?
Brien May: What I mean is that, with Daniel January's election to the board there are an equal number of Foremen and Teachers for the first time since you became president. And with Olivia July about to retire, who knows! (Secretary's Note: At this point Brien May stands up and begins to shout at President February) You might be the first Teacher President to lose control of the High Council since Martin July! So you decided to use this young man's death to your advantage. Very very clever.
Emily February: That makes no sense, whatsoever.
Brien May: You are manipulating this situation for your own political benefit!
Emily February: I move that the board temporarily suspends Brien May.
Olivia July: On what grounds?
Emily February: Severe Emotional Distress that doesn't allow him to perform his job appropriately.
Olivia July: Denied.
Emily February: What?
Brien May: She sees through you! Don't you get it? We're all sitting around playing these little games. Who's up who's down what's the point?! Today I shot a 15 and a half year old girl, but you know how I'll sleep tonight? Do you know how I'll seep tonight? I'll sleep tonight because I know, I know, that I did what was needed to protect the House. And that's how Ben will sleep tonight, Because both us know that we did what we needed to do, that we did our duty! But then I come here, and I fell sick! By God, what is the point of all these political games?! MY GOD!!
Nyssa March: I would also like to ask for Brien May's suspension. On the grounds of inability to perform his position and function properly.
Olivia July: Denied.
Brien May: You are a DISGRACE to your position! I am DISGUSTED by what you have done to the position that I once held! I am embarrassed to have ever served as Chief Legal Counsel!
Nyssa March: I move that Brien May be forced to resign from this council on the grounds of gross disrespect to his fellow members!
Olivia July: Denied.
Emily February: Olivia!
Brien May: FOOLS! WE”RE ALL FOOLS! We are taring this place apart!! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!
Nyssa March and Emily February(together): OLIVIA!!
Olivia July: Denied.
Secretary's Note: At this point Brien May begins to laugh manically.
Nyssa March: Alright Olivia, I didn't want to do this but, as Chief Legal Consul I remove you as Clerk of the Council.
Brien May: Oh, You're pulling in Clause 29, very good, very good. I applaud you. I applaud you and your political wrangling!
Emily February: As President of the House, I invoke Clause 12 of the Council Charter. And I appoint myself Clerk.
Nyssa March: I wish to move for Brien May's immediate dismissal on the grounds of gross disrespect to his fellow members and inability to perform his job.
Emily February: So ruled.
Brien May: Big Surprise.
Emily February: Former Vice President May will sit down.
Brien May: Make me.
Emily February: Ethan September please take Former Vice President May into custody and charge him with Disrespect to Authority.
Brien May: Go on Ethan! Take me into custody! You are the Chief Security Officer after all? Or maybe you don't want to! Maybe you don't want to arrest the guy who first taught you how to shoot a gun! Is that it? Or maybe the guard on duty today should! What's your name? Hmm?
Emma May: Emma May, sir.
Brien May: Oh you don't have to call me sir anymore, you see I'm just a common criminal now apparently. So hey, Emma arrest me. Slap some cuffs on my wrists and take me down to the prison floor! Hey that's how we do things now! Oh but maybe you won't! Maybe you won't arrest the man who changed the way foremen work. There is a lot of talk nowadays about how I put in all these laws, disrespect to authority and what not. But the truth is, and you know the truth, is that I allowed the Foremen to arrest people who would yell abuse at them. I closed a huge loophole in the laws. I SHOULD BE THANKED!! Thanked by every law abiding citizen. But I'm not thanked! Am I?
Nyssa March: Madame President, I also move that Ben September is removed as Vice President.
Brien May: ON WHAT GROUNDS?!
Emily February: Accepted. Ben September is removed as Vice President, effective immediately. He is replaced by Nyssa March, who will remain as the Chief Legal Counsel.
Secretary's Note: At this Point Brien May screams in anger and rage, draws his gun and shoots at Emily February missing her by inches.
Emily February: What?
Nyssa March: WHAT THE BLAZES?!
Secretary's Note: At this point Brien May turns to face Nyssa March. But before he takes the shot Ethan September shoots her in the shoulder. She screams and falls to the ground.
Emily February: THIS IS ILLEGAL!!!
Brien May: BY GOD IT IS!
Ethan September: As the Chief Security Officer of the House I hereby dissolve this council under Emergency Rule 19.
Nyssa March: WHAT”S THE EMERGANCY?!!! TO ENACT THE EMERGANCY RULES YOU NEED TO HAVE A CRISIS,WHAT”S THE CRISIS?!
Brien May: Your Murder.
Secretary's Note: At this point Brien May walks towards Nyssa March and points his hand gun at her head.
Olivia July: NO!
Secretary's Note: At this point Olivia July rushes at Brien May and runs into him as he fires his hand gun. His shot goes wild. Brien May pushed Olivia July away and is promptly attacked by Emily February. She wrestles the gun away from him and tries to shoot him. Brien May manages to grab her hand in time and forces the gun away as Emily February fires. The bullet flies across the room and hits Emma May. She slumps to the ground, blood pouring out of her stomach. Emily February drops the gun in horror and Brien May catches it. He whips the gun across Emily February face and she falls backwards. He points the gun at her face.
Brien May: You, Madame President, are a murderer and I hereby arrest you.
Emily February: Fine..Fine...Is she..Is she really dead?
Ethan September: Yes.
Emily February: Oh my god.
Brien May: Ethan, take her away.
Ethan September: Yes, sir.
Emily February: I didn't mean to do it. It, it, it was an accident. I didn't mean to kill her.
Ethan September: Come along Madame President.
Brien May: Come along Madame Former President, we have no President anymore.
Ethan September: Yes sir.
Brien May: Take the Former Chief Legal Counsel as well, throw her in jail. I don't care on what charge, just put her in a cell. I'll be the Chief Legal Counsel now. I'll be everything now, who needs divided government!
Ethan September: Yes sir.
Brien May: Well I have to say, this was certainly a more action packed council meeting than I suspected coming in today.
End of Transcript

1 comment:

  1. "Emily February" and "Nyssa March" work very well for their namesakes (and yes, I checked FB to see if the months were correct.)
    I read this earlier this morning during computer programming, and when the people around me asked what I was laughing about...I told them I'd just gotten fired and then arrested.
    Why was Olivia July in denial?

    ReplyDelete