Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spiderman turn off the dark joke

Here is a piece of comic material that I came up with recently.

So I am going up to the big apple next week and I have got tickets to the Spiderman musical. And I know that there are some in the theatre press who have been....less than kind to it. The New York times reviewer said it was one of the worst plays in Broadway history. But, you know, it's just the New York Times, what do they know about culture? No, I have heard two critics praise it to the heavens, and I trust them much more than I trust any critic from the "New York Times". Those critics are Oprah Winfrey and....Glenn Beck. We all know that Glenn Beck is an expert of culture and specifically musical theatre right? His endorsement is enough to make me shell out the 100 dollars for the seat and the 75 dollars for protective gear to go see it. Seriously though, Mr Beck on his radio show totally endorsed it by saying, essentially, "Holy God, they fight!! I mean, seriously, they fight, it's awesome, they sing and then they fight! Who could ever have imagined people fighting on stage?! It has never, ever happened before! Did I mention they fight?!" Yeah, when you mix fighting, the director of across the universe and the lion king broadway musical, puppets, comic books, Bono, high flying stunts, and a Glenn Beck recommendation how could you possibly go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment